Thursday, March 22, 2012

March Madness


Well as you can tell probably by the title, this month has been a little hectic. And I am not talking about the basketball games (of which I have not seen one minute. This month was filled with my normal tasks and responsibilities...Youth club, English Bible Study, English classes in L'viv...but added on to that a couple more things. First of all, time has gone by very fast and already I am nearing my 3 month mark which means I must get my Visa. This requires some official stuff, documents, etc. and then a trip to Poland since you can't actually make the visa while you are in Ukraine. So have been busy, to say the least, and still a little nervous about it, as of course I need the visa to continue living and working here. Please pray that this process would go smoothly without any problems and that I would have a safe trip to Poland next week.

Last week, as I mentioned in some earlier posts, we had an all week English camp. Nine Americans came from Texas, and along with myself, we spent our mornings teaching some English classes in some of the local schools, and in the evenings we had our English club from 5 until 8 o'clock. The first hour was English, the second bible study in English and Ukrainian, and the third hour we had like a fun time of games and singing, as well as testimonies from our team. It was a great week, very exhausting, but super. There were round 60 youth at this camp ages 14-18. A lot of great relationships were built and we will continue to work with these young people in the coming year. This Tuesday I started an English class with them, like I had done last year and 15 of them came from camp which was super. Please pray that the relationships they made, the words they heard about the Bible, and about Jesus, that they would grow in their hearts and lead to salvation.

As for me everything is super, everyone around me seemed to get sick but so far I have stayed healthy, praise God! And I know many of you prayed, as I asked, for some open doors here in Horodok. Today we met with a leader in school number 3 and it seemed to go well, so I will be able to let you know more about this in the coming week. Thanks for your support and interest and prayers in what we are doing here in Horodok and in L'viv, Ukraine. God Bless you and have a nice week!

No comments:

Post a Comment