Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Ukraine 2012

Hard to believe tomorrow is our last full day! It has been a great trip. We have done a lot of fun things and created some great memories. Tanya and I have been here many times and know what to expect-lots of walking, different foods, carrying what is needed every day, cold showers, long days.... Katelyn and Carissa came for the first time and have met every challenge with a good attitude and smile on their face. I am so proud of all of us! We spent 6 days and nights at camp. It was hot, cold, sunny and rainy. The shower house was locked more than it was open. My favorite line was "maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow", when Tanya asked about having a shower. We did eventually get showers and they were hot. Since we have been back from camp we have shopped in Lviv with some kids from camp. Played at the stadium, taken kids out for pizza and ice cream, had kids over for dinner and played many games of UNO. tomorrow we will meet many kids from camp and go ice skating. That should be fun. Praying for no broken bones. This evening I made dinner for 10 people. It must have been good, I was finishing dessert and when I came to the table the food was almost gone. I made lots of food. We are still sitting around the table, drinking tea and eating apple pie with ice cream. Tomorrow is Katelyn, Carissa and my last full day. It has been a grat trip. Many exciting things happening that I will blog about when home. Must get these girls packing their suitcases. Merrie

No comments:

Post a Comment