Saturday, July 10, 2010

You are the God of the City...You are the King of these people...


Last time when I wrote a comment on the blog, Did I mention that I like the team...yes I really do like them. This time I want to say I love them and I dont want to let them go. This time I am happy that they are leaving a part of them here in Ukraine...Joe will be staying.


One body in Christ, separated by oceans and many different parts of the world, I still feel as though we are all close family when I am with them. I am thankful and honored for letting me be an interpreter and helping them with Ukrainian life. The week flew by as if it were only a day.


They did a great job, I mean really great - (Doosza Dobray) as some like to say like Tom. Their enthusiasm for teaching the kids this week amazes me. It is fun to watch Joe, Justin, Tom, Seb, and Hikaru playing fubtbol, ultimate frisbee, etc. with the kids. The girls...Laney, Tanya, Ningning, Merrie, and Maureen are always surrounded by both girls and boys. Merrie's smile always cheers me up. Tom keeps everything under control and is willing to help everyone. He takes care of what is needed and he really helps all team member grow and feel indespensible.


But the main thing I see here in this unified team - their desire to share God's love, serve the Ukrainian people, and help them to understand their need in Christ as their Lord and Savior. I hope that this time was not the last time they will be in Horodok. Praying that the seeds sown in the children's little hearts will grow and bring fruit of repentance. Maybe one day we can sing about Horodok with Chris Tomlin "You are the God of the City, You are the King of these people, You are the Lord of this nation."


Love,

Lilya

3 comments:

  1. Lilya,
    Our team is so blessed to have you! We are blessed to have served with you and to the beautiful people of your country!!!
    Love you,
    Brooke Cooney (Ron's wife)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you dear Brooke. Kids in Horodok asked me about you and Ron. So, next time-welcome here:)liliya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw Liliya :) We all love you so much! We are a family, and i have a good feeling about this year!

    ReplyDelete